Friday, April 15, 2011

Motivation. I needs it.


Yeppers, boys and girls. Motivation is what's been missing. It happens to all of us sometimes. You let something get to you a little too much and before you know it, you're enveloped by it. Motivation is the first thing to go right down the toilet.

I've begun walking almost every other day. It's a start. It gets the kids and I out of the house, helps to alleviate some of the stresses of the day, and has been really helping in the weight loss, firm, and tone department. I'm trying to get my schedule to the point that I can walk every day. I could simply walk out the front door and around town, but it's so much more soothing and peaceful to go out to the park and walk the trails for an hour or two. The lack of "busy noise" helps to clear the mind and get it refocused. It's beautiful out there now with the flowers starting to bloom. I'll have to get some pictures posted, since I don't know what they are. One looks like a pale, striated violet, another is similar to an aster, and then there's one that looks something like a very small and fragile crocus. I think they're considered an invasive species, but they really are pretty. Anyway, I'd also like to mix up the walking routine with some running a few times a week, to build up stamina and tone a little more.

Next on the list is spring cleaning. Not just cleaning, I mean really getting in there and cleaning. Get rid of all the leftovers of the long winter, and probably tossing lots of crap we don't need lying around in the house, too. Rummage sale season is just beginning, so it's prime time to lose the extra baggage and make some cash in the process. The kids have started to weed out the things they don't want, so this will teach them some things about the value of things, and hopefully about saving money, too.

Then there are the creative endeavors which have been horribly neglected for far too long, this blog being one of them. The intention of a post per day might not happen immediately, but I will try. I'm also going to try to get back to more crafting. I didn't so much as knit a stitch all winter! I did sew and craft a little, but it didn't last long, honestly. I'd like to say I'll make at least one thing every day, but with college, kids, house, walking/running, and blog... Let's just stick with one project per week.

Here's to new beginnings!



view blog reactions | tags:

No comments: