Saturday, January 31, 2004

Playas and Cons....or Gypsies Tramps and Thieves

There are people in this world who have a very flippant attitude about matters of the heart. Maybe it's that they were hurt very deeply at some point and feel the need to reverse and continue the cycle out of revenge. Maybe they just don't know what they want out of life and quite possibly don't care. Maybe it's simply that they want to "try out" as many relationships as possible until they find the one that fits. Whatever the reason, the paths behind them are often cluttered with the feelings of betrayal and mistrust of those they've hurt. Life is a learning process. Eventually those people will learn and grow...or not.

I am of the mindset, however, that though I am incredibly independent and don't essentially NEED a partner, I would like to know that the rest of my life could be spent with someone next to me. I want to wake up in the morning and turn to him and see in his eyes that there's no other place in the world he'd rather be. After everything I've been through, I still believe in the "real thing". I know it's out there, I just haven't found it yet.