Saturday, November 17, 2007

Everybody's a comedian



My six-year-old son came up to me this morning with a new joke:

"Mom, how many cats does it take to change a lightbulb?"

"Hmmm. I don't know. How many?"

"A thousand! That's a lot of cats Mom!"

Meanwhile, as I try to figure out the punchline, he continues, "Now if it was baby cats, that would take like a hundred [note: we have math issues here] of them because they're really smaller and they would have to stack up to the ceiling with cats!"

He pauses here to look at our cathedral ceiling, "We have a really high ceiling, too. It goes way up and way back down, and you would need a million cats to get that high. A million cats would be a lot in this house, and Maggie and Max [our chihuahuas] would chase them and they would run all over the place and make a big mess everywhere and that would be loud, huh?"

The kid's got an imagination, I'll give him that...


tags:

No comments: