Sunday, January 04, 2009

Stuff and Happenin's



Talk about a busy new year! I'm busily trying to sew/knit/crochet/embroider/and otherwise craft all the projects I've put off for entirely too long. Not all at once, mind you. I'm not THAT insane! Meanwhile, my sewing machine has decided it doesn't like to do zig-zag stitches anymore. Which means a trip to the dealer - which ain't happenin' anytime soon, so one of my other machines is going to be taking over in the meantime, most likely will be digging out my favorite machine (which used to be my great-grandmother's). Unless I can get this one to behave, that is.

On a whim, I sent my resume in to a physical therapist's assistant position, and got hired. I have my orientation this week, and a good friend from back in high school is helping us to find a place closer to the new job. This could be the fresh start we've needed for some time now, and I'm looking forward to it in a big way.

Speaking of friends, one of my closest (also from high school) is coming to visit in a couple of weeks all the way from Alaska. She and I go back a long way, and we're both excited about seeing each other for the first time in about 20 years. Scary to think it's been that long!

Anyway, I'll be limited online for at least a little while after the move (soon), and those who need to contact me know how to :)

No comments: