Thursday, January 01, 2009

From The Mouths of Babes



Gracie, my 5-year-old, is about to play some Noggin games on the computer. I need to first explain that Gracie is wise beyond her tender years. She's got such a beautiful sense of the world around her.

Once, when things were pretty tough around here, she came up to me and said, "Mommy, we've tried this and it's just not working. We just need to try something else now." Trust me, at the time and considering the situation, it was as though the Dali Lama spoke through my tiny little diva.

A few minutes ago, I told Gracie that today was Happy New Year Day. There was that wide-eyed look and the sweet little intake of breath that little innocent ones have when they're in awe and she said, "Really? Today is Happy New Year Day? Do we get presents on Happy New Year Day?"

"No," I told her, "Not presents."

Her response is one I wish for all of you:

"So Happy New Year Day is when we give love and share things, right Mommy!"

Happy New Year, everyone!



No comments: